本次论坛拟邀请《中国社会科学》《经济研究》《世界经济》《财贸经济》《中国经济问题》等中文期刊，China Economic Review、China and World Economy、等英文期刊，以及上观新闻、澎湃新闻等媒体与会。
征文可围绕上述选题范围自拟具体题目且应是尚未公开发表的原创性学术论文，中英文写作均可，文章须符合国际学术规范。中文写作体例请参考《经济研究》已发表文章；英文写作体例请参考《China and World Economy》已发表文章。为便于匿名评审与联系，作者信息（姓名、工作单位、通信地址、联系电话、电子信箱等）请单独列于征文首页。
Call for Papers
Ten years of the Belt and Road Initiative:
Perspective and Reflection
the 7th International Academic Conference on the Belt and Road Initiative and China’s Development
The year 2023 marks the 10th anniversary of China’s Belt and Road initiative. During the past ten years, the initiative has yielded remarkable achievements. By creating a road of opportunities and prosperity, China’s BRI has successfully opened a new space for world economic growth, built an international platform for trade and investment, expanded new practices to improve global economic governance, and contributed to improving well-being of the people along the road. The Belt and Road cooperation has forged a powerful vehicle and platform for economic, trade, investment, and cultural exchange between China and countries along the route.
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of China’s BRI, the Shanghai Association of World Economics, in collaboration with the School of Finance and Business at Shanghai Normal University, would like to hold the “Ten years of the Belt and Road Initiative: Perspective and Reflection”, which is also the 7th International Academic Conference on the Belt and Road Initiative and China’s Development. The conference will be held at Shanghai Normal University on September 23 to 24, 2023. Distinguished experts and scholars from around the world will be invited to deliver keynote speeches, and researchers in international economics, regional and urban economics, industrial economics, international affairs, global governance, and global cooperation will be invited to submit papers and participate in the conference.
1. Forum Theme: Ten years of the Belt and Road Initiative: Perspective and Reflection
2. Forum Date: September 23-24, 2023
3. Hosted by: Shanghai Academy of World Economy; Shanghai Normal University
4. Organized by: School of Finance and Business, Shanghai Normal University; Shanghai Institute for Global City
5. Co-organized by: Committee of the Belt and Road Initiative, Shanghai Academy of World Economy; Committee of Urban Development, Shanghai Economic Society; Committee of Urban Big Data, Shanghai Association for Social Application of Big Data
Academic Journals and Media Support
This forum intends to invite the editorial departments of academic journals such as Economic Research Journal, Social Science in China, The Journal of World Economy, China and World Economy, China Economic Review, Finance & Trade Economics, China Economic Studies, and International Studies of Economics etc., and media outlets such as Shanghai Observer and The Paper for support.
Paper Topic Suggestions
Based on the following suggested topics (not limited to), academic papers are invited for collection from domestic and foreign scholars:
1. Exploration of the Economic Theory of the Belt and Road Initiative
2. Progress in the Economic Research of the Belt and Road Initiative
3. The Belt and Road Initiative and Urban/Regional Economic Development
4. The Belt and Road Initiative and Cross-border Industry Cooperation
5. The Belt and Road Initiative and the Security of National Industrial and Supply Chains
6. The Belt and Road Initiative and the Internationalization of RMB
7. The Belt and Road Initiative and Enterprise Internationalization
8. The Belt and Road Initiative and Cross-border Investment and Trade Cooperation
9. The Belt and Road Initiative and Cross-border Risk Sharing Mechanisms
10. The Belt and Road Initiative and the Development of New Infrastructure
11. The Belt and Road Initiative and the Integration of Urban and Regional Economies
12. The Belt and Road Initiative and Regional Cultural Exchange and People-to-People Connectivity
13. The Belt and Road Initiative and Financial Cooperation Mechanisms
14. The Belt and Road Initiative and Energy Cooperation Mechanisms
15. The Belt and Road Initiative and the Construction of a Community with a Shared Future for Humanity
The paper should be focused on the topic scopes mentioned above and should be original that has not been published before. Both Chinese and English writing are acceptable and should comply with international academic standards. For the writing style of Chinese essays, please refer to the published articles in “Economic Research Journal”; for the writing style of English essays, please refer to the published articles in “China and World Economy”. To facilitate anonymous review and communication, author information (name, work unit, mailing address, contact phone number, email address, etc.) should be separately listed on the front page of the essay.
Important Dates and Contacts
1. Submission Method: Conference Submission System (http://sojump.shnu.edu.cn/vm/h9RZhEe.aspx)
2. Deadline for Abstract Submission: June 30, 2023
3. Deadline for Full Paper Submission: July 31, 2023
4. Conference Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Conference Contacts: Dr. Jin (17621213255), Dr. Xu (18092392190), Dr. Yao (13917685229)
5. Conference Venue: Shanghai Normal University, No. 100 Guilin Road, Xuhui District, China.
Friendly Reminder for Participants:
Researchers and scholars from universities and research institutions interested in the above topics are welcome to submit their papers. A review committee will be established for this conference, responsible for reviewing and selecting papers for the conference. With the authors' consent, the review committee will also recommend some excellent papers to this conference's supported journals. There will be no review fees or conference fees for participants of this conference. Participants are responsible for their own transportation and accommodation expenses.